Volunteer Award Winners
What a great turn out for the Annual General Meeting. Thanks to all that attended!
This was the second year of the ‘Spirit of Bowness’ Volunteerism Awards. We had a tough time deciding between so many wonderful and deserving volunteers but the following individuals were recognized with a ‘Nessie’:
‘The Nessie’: Niki Smythe; for her many hours volunteering for the Bowness Community Association: most notably for her work on the Annual Holiday Dinner and the Planning & Development Committee.
‘The Neighbourhood Nessie’: Sheila Clayden; for her lifelong passion for Bowness and her outstanding contribution to many different organizations including the Bowness Seniors Centre.
‘The Tribal Nessie’: Servus Credit Union; for providing an outstanding example of contributions to the community by never failing to support the community and its initiatives either through monetary donations or staff volunteering their own time.
If you see any of these great people, congratulate them on a job well done!
Bowness Community Association (BCA) Volunteer Awards
The Bowness Community Association recognizes volunteers as a valuable resource to the organization and to the residents we serve. Many of the services we offer are only possible through the time, energy and passion of our volunteers. For this, we are sincerely grateful. In order to express this gratitude the BCA presents annual volunteer awards in the following categories:
BCA Volunteer of the Year: The ‘Nessie Award
Community Volunteer of the Year: The Neighbourhood ‘Nessie Award
Community Group Volunteers of the Year: The Tribal ‘Nessie Award
· Any resident or group in Bowness may nominate an individual or group for volunteerism within Bowness for contributions in a one year period from October 1 – September 15, (nominations from family members will not be accepted).
· Any resident or group currently residing or operating in Bowness is eligible for these awards.
· All nomination forms need to be submitted to the Bowness Community Association office by September 15.
· All nominations will be judged by the Board of Directors of the Bowness Community Association.
· Only the first nomination received for an individual and/or group will be considered during the selection process.
· The BCA board will only consider an individual and/or group that are submitted with a completed nomination form.
The BCA Board will base its decision upon the following criteria:
· Demonstrated passion & commitment to Bowness and its residents (a strong sense of civic responsibility)
· Impact of volunteerism in Bowness and/or in the lives of its residents
· Level of partnership and collaboration in the community
· Inspiring individual or group that exemplifies volunteerism within Bowness
· Enthusiasm and positive attitude toward volunteerism
· Uniqueness and inclusiveness (involving others) of the nominee’s contributions and commitments
· Goes ‘above and beyond’ in every circumstance
Please click below to be taken to the Volunteer Award Nomination Form: